Tuesday, April 09, 2024

Don't Ask Google Copilot About Climate Change

The AI program Google Copilot invariaby gives politically correct answers to questions involving Climate Change, though you might not think so if you only read the first part of the answer. I asked it about Climate Change last night. At first it fully agreed with me that evidence from ice cores and the geologic record showed that worldwide temperature increases have always preceeded increases in CO2, not the other way around. It even supplied me with details about the process. But then it suprisingly concluded with the assertion that CO2 causes the temperature to increase anyway. When I asked how it could tack on such an unsupported conclusion to its scientific beginning, it told me: "It might be time to move on to a new topic. Let's start over." Well, I guess when you make a fool of yourself, it really is time to move on.

No comments: